What You Need To Know About Modern Social Media Marketing
Social media is constantly evolving with all the changes and new features being introduced. It’s a job on its own to stop on top of latest trends and patterns so we break down a few of those in this article for 2023.
Social media marketing has been a major part of online advertising for over a decade, and it is still evolving rapidly in 2023. Businesses of all sizes are using social media to promote their products and services, engage with customers, and build their brand reputation. However, despite the widespread adoption of social media, many small businesses are still not using it effectively. In this blog post, we will explore what social media marketing is all about in 2023 and why small businesses need to rethink their social media strategy.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing involves promoting products, services, or ideas through various social media platforms. Social media has become a major part of people’s daily lives, with billions of people around the world using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn every day. Social media marketing is a way to reach out to these users and connect with them in a more personal and engaging way than traditional advertising methods.
Social media marketing can take many forms, including creating and sharing content, running paid advertisements, and engaging with users through comments, likes, and shares. A successful social media marketing campaign can help businesses build brand awareness, increase website traffic, generate leads, and ultimately drive sales.
What is new in social media marketing in 2023?
Social media platforms are constantly evolving, and 2023 is no exception. In recent years, we have seen a number of changes that are shaping the way businesses use social media to promote their brand.
Short-form video content is on the rise.
Short-form video content has exploded in popularity in recent years, with platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels becoming hugely popular. Reels for Facebook busines pages are also a log hanging fruit with tremendous potential. These platforms allow users to create and share short, snappy videos that are often funny or entertaining. For businesses, this presents an opportunity to create engaging content that resonates with younger audiences.
Personalization is key.
As social media platforms become more crowded, businesses need to find ways to stand out. One way to do this is through personalization. By tailoring content to specific audiences and using targeted advertising, businesses can create a more personalized experience for users.
Social commerce is becoming more common.
Social media platforms are increasingly becoming a destination for online shopping. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest have all introduced e-commerce features that allow users to shop directly from the platform. For businesses, this presents an opportunity to reach customers where they are already spending their time online.
Why small businesses are not using social media marketing effectively?
Despite the many benefits of social media marketing, many small businesses are still not using it effectively. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Lack of strategy – Many small businesses jump into social media without a clear strategy in place. They may post sporadically, without any real plan for what they want to achieve. This can result in a disjointed social media presence that does not resonate with users.
- Inconsistent branding – Consistency is key when it comes to branding. However, many small businesses do not have a consistent brand identity across their social media platforms. This can lead to confusion among users and dilute the brand’s overall message.
- Poor quality content – Social media users are bombarded with content every day, so it is important to create content that stands out. However, many small businesses do not invest the time or resources needed to create high-quality content that resonates with users.
- Lack of engagement – Social media is all about engagement, but many small businesses do not take the time to engage with their followers. This can make it difficult to build a loyal following and can result in missed opportunities for growth and engagement.
- Over-reliance on paid advertising – Paid advertising can be a valuable tool for reaching new audiences, but it should not be the only focus of a social media
There are over 4 billions people who use social media in 2023. That is a little over half the global population. A vast majority of small to medium size businesses fail to acknowledge the simple yet extremely effective approach to social media marketing in building awareness. Awareness is how people get to know you and your business, the products and services you offer, and build rapport prior to decision making.
Let us help you create a customized social media marketing strategy for your business. One that will address the specific problems your business is facing and help you create an action plan to build stronger awareness by forging a strong organic social media footprint.
Let's get connected!
Download for FREE TODAY!
Stay in touch with us!
Get all the latest content, news, and digital marketing insights to help you humanize your brand.
We Are Your Human-Centric Marketing Partner
Your company needs humanization and personalization in order for it to thrive and grow. Our systematic, strategic, and seasoned approach will help you thrive and grow. Let’s discuss ways we can help your business become more human-centric so you can dominate.